Friday, April 15, 2011

Comics this week

Daken: Dark Wolverine #8- As this issue is part 2 of the crossover with X-23, I bought my every first issue of Daken. Rather surprisingly, it’s actually quite good. Daken is a villain and this issue showcased him properly. Basically he is selfish, violent, and totally without honor. He double-crossed everyone that crossed paths with him and did it all without any personal doubts. As long as it helps him reach his goal of ultimate power, he will do it. Compared to the disappointing first part in X-23, this was much better.

Heroes for Hire #5- The first story arc finished with this issue and for me, this was it for this series. I was willing to give the series a chance but after the first arc, I must say that although writers Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning did okay, they didn’t filled in with a sense of wonder with Heroes for Hire. This issue showed the problem with the series so far. The story of Misty Knight breaking free of The Puppet Master was okay, the art was solid, the various characters involved were great, but in the end, it was just too by-the-book to hold my interest. By tomorrow, I would have probably forgotten all about the issue. It was okay, but not great. Basically, it wasn’t good enough for me to spend anymore money on.

No comments: