Tuesday, February 3, 2015

In Favor of B2P



Since its start in 2014, rumors has been flying that The Elder Scrolls Online (TESO) was going free-to-play sooner or later. Well, the rumors turned out to be partially true as developers Bethesda Softworks have revealed that the MMORPG will now be going buy-to-play om March 17th.

In case you are wondering, this means you only need to buy a single retail version of the game and you can play the game without any mandatory subscription. This subscription-less payment model is similar to the ones going on for Guild Wars 2 and The Secret World (both good games) and I wish other games will go the same route.

More players will try the game with this model and with the in-game store, chances are better than even that TESO will make money. I for me will be entering Tamriel once I finish getting my warden in LOTRO to level 100. See you there! 

No comments: