Monday, February 25, 2008

Leo as Akira

After years in development hell, Akira will be on the big screen. Yes, the anime classic will finally have a live-action adaptation by Hollywood and the lead role for Akira is going to…Leonardo DiCaprio?

Cough, cough, vomit, AHHHHHHHHHHH!

What? Little blond-hair pretty boy is going to be Akira? Cough, cough. Are you kidding me? I know Leo may be Hollywood’s biggest star, but him as Akira? What the hell were they thinking? Don’t get me wrong, I think DiCaprio is a very good actor (he was excellent in ‘What’s eating Gilbert Grape?’) but he isn’t Akira. He’s too pretty. Simple, sweet and short. He is too pretty to be Akira.

I don’t mind that the action will be in New York City instead of Tokyo but Leonardo DiCaprio as Akira is something I cannot accept

No comments: