Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Is this the worst-ever NDP song?

Every year when Singapore’s National Day Parade (NDP) comes along, there will be a new Singapore song written for the event. Over the years, the new songs have been kind of hit-and-miss. This year’s song is called the "Fun Pack Song", and it is so bad even the Strait Times is asking if this is the worst NDP ever?

The answer is “Yes”.

Usually, I couldn’t care less about the NDP song. I mean there’s one every year, so who cares? However this song changed my mind. It is bad not only because of the nonsensical lyrics (I want Newater and I want a cold drink; You and me, let's share a bit) but also because the song is a rip-off of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance".

Seriously, what were the organizers thinking? Even if you want to copy someone, surely there are better songwriters out there than Lady Gaga! I mean Singaporeans exactly prefer JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games anthem "You are the One" to this song!

Yes, it’s that bad.

2 comments:

ray meds said...

I think yes, it is the worst-ever NDP song,l besides the worst singer ever...

ray meds said...

wow this is kind of hard because this people have to make a new song every year and on the other hand the people have to like it, otherwise is not worth it.