Saturday, July 23, 2011

Too Much Hype

The "Star Wars: The Old Republic” MMORPG is supposed to be the biggest, baddest game release for years. So when EA announced that people can pre-order the Collector's Edition, I wasn’t surprised at the prices.

The prices for the pre-release range from US$59.99 to US$144.99 which are a little high but I guess are par for course. What really surprise me is that the pre-release are now sold out! Now I know there is a high level of demand for Star Wars: The Old Republic but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing!

EA hasn’t even give a release date yet for the game and it is already sold-out? I heard of feverish anticipation but this is insane. No one played the game yet, there had been no reviews of the game, what I’m trying to say is…what if the game fail? At the level of the hype of the game is at, it doesn’t need to tank to be considered a failure. If the game is anything less than a smash hit, there will be people who would say FAIL!

If I am Bioware or EA, I would seriously wind back the hype meter.

1 comment:

www.tapicerias.nom.es said...

Hey, there's a lot of helpful information here!