Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Help! Help!

Usually, I leave the comments as it is. I usually do not delete the comments posted by readers, no matter what is posted. However I might be forced to change my thinking.

Last week I discovered that a group of Japanese are using my blog as a forum page. There were 106 comments on my post on Friday, July 24, 2009, all in Japanese. I deleted them all but they are still using the page to post stuff. I don’t know what they are saying or what the thread is about but I’m getting tired of deleting stuff by them.

However I don’t want to restrict use of the comments if I can help it. Anyone out there using blogspot can help me?

4 comments:

Gar said...

Try putting a time limit in comment moderation. Give people a day or 2 to post comments on each post, and then after that make them go through moderation. It's in the Comment Moderation option in settings. I have mine set to "Only after 7 days", but it sounds you you might need to put that at 2 or 3 days and see how it goes. If someone comments on a post 2 or 3 days old it will send you an email and you just have to "reject" the comment.

Gar said...

You can also do the "show word verification" also under settings. Some people complain about this, but it seems to cut down on spammers.

Ghost said...

Thanks Gar. I think I'll go for the "word verification" for now. Hopefully that will help with all the Japanese comments

Anonymous said...

anatawa kimono no tokyo. ;P