Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cue Evil Laughter

On the 21/1, Funcom announced that they will be deleting all Age of Conan (AoC) characters between levels 1 to 20 in accounts which have been inactive for over 7 months.

Howls of protest greeted the announcement from AoC players, but personally I don’t see what the problem is. One of the problems developers of MMOs have is players who create tons of characters, take-out all the cool names for them, and then left the characters to rot.

This is especially true for MMOs with free trials. Players try the free trials, then promptly forgot about the game. AoC is not the first game to face this problem, and it will not be the last. So I find it understandable why Funcom is doing this.

What I have problem with are the players who squat on characters they are not playing. I mean how many level 1 to 20 characters can you have? In every paid MMORPG I’ve played, I have at least one character at the max level. Even if it was a pain to get there (yes, I’m talking about you City of Heroes/Villains), surely you would want to try the end game at least once.

I do not understand those players who just camp between levels. If all your AoC characters are between levels 1 to 20 and your account is inactive for over 7 months, then frankly you deserve all the trouble coming your way. HAHAHAHAHA...

No comments: