Saturday, May 26, 2007

Comics this week

Countdown #49- Countdown like to open with a bang, and the latest issue of Countdown kept up the tradition. Opening with Jimmy Olsen, the writers gave a huge hint on "Why Jimmy Olsen Must Die!" Unexpected and very interesting.
Countdown #49 went from that opening scene to the many Monitors we've seen kicking around lately. The "Monitors of the Multiverse" story is getting interesting. Since they were the new characters, I thought this plotline would be the weakness of the lot. But early signs are that I was wrong.
I've never cared much about the Flash, so you can just imagined my 'love' for his rogues gallery. Pied Piper and Trickster ? Never cared about them and even with Countdown, never will. Mary Marvel's plot is the most interesting above all others. Mary Marvel lost her powers, and will do anything to get it back. I love it! Hints of sweet Mary making a deal with the devil. Beautiful.
As a big fan of 52, I love the final sequence of this issue. Return of the MAN! Now if only we can know how he got his powers back.

No comments: