Monday, February 17, 2014

Fail! Please Fail!

                                               Coming to a battlefield near you!


In the Iron Man comics and movies, Tony Stark invented the Iron Man to fight his enemies. Now it seems Uncle Sam is intending to be Tony Stark.

A high-tech suit of armor called The Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit, or TALOS, is being developed by engineers for the use of the U.S. Army. According to reports, the suits are designed to be bulletproof and are equipped with a variety of sensors and cameras and the plans are so advanced the first prototypes could be ready for testing by this year.

Coming from a fan of comic books, I hope the tests failed miserably.

Yes, I know the saying that all technological advances go through the military first and you can call me silly if you want to but I don’t want a superhero like Iron Man to be the “inspiration” of a military suit design for use on the battlefield! I just don't want to see that happening.  

So here I will be in Singapore hoping that the weapon tests in the U.S. fail and fail miserably!

No comments: