Monday, July 4, 2016

I Just Don't Get It

A LTA enforcement officer was filmed getting into a heated argument with a driver at a Yio Chu Kang MRT taxi stand on 23 June. The video showed the LTA officer yanking a car door open following a heated exchange with the car’s driver. The LTA has since apologized for the incident.

I have to ask…why?

I don’t get it. The car was parked in a taxi-stand. The video wasn’t clear but I think we can all safely assume the LTA officer told the driver to move and the driver refused. Thus the argument. Even if the officer was wrong to yank open the door…but shouldn’t the driver of the car get haul up as well, if not worse?

I mean you were illegally parked, got caught, and then argued with the officer who caught you? Not only was the driver clearly in the wrong, he compounded his act by refusing to move and then arguing with the guy who caught him. And the LTA was the one who said sorry?

I’m sorry but I just don’t get it. If the driver didn’t illegally park, there would be no problem. If the driver just moves off, then there would be no problem. However somehow, Singaporeans seems to think the LTA officer was the one at fault and the driver was the victim of “bullying”.

I just don’t get it. 

No comments: