Friday, August 31, 2007

Comics this week

Countdown #35- After 3 weeks of improvement, the book had 2 weeks of crap. Luckily, the winning streak has restarted. The story hasn't improved much, but while the writers couldn't do with plots, Countdown is at least packing action this week. Fights aplenty this week; Jason Todd, Donna Troy, and Bob fight againest the queen of the Nanoverse; Holly Robinson went into a battle AND she still has no idea what she is doing. Like me! What is she doing in the series? Jimmy Olsen continues try-out for superteams, this time the JLA. (Unfortunately, they did not kill him.) Mary Marvel got kicked out of Shadowcrest after her battle. Action all around!

Avengers: The Initiative #5- This issue is another tie-in to the World War Hulk event, at least this one make sense! Last issue, we saw the rookie get drawn in a fight with the Hulk. This month, the rescue mission starts. The Shadow Initiative is the black-ops of The Initiative. Dan Slott want readers to wonder about the identity of the Scarlet Spiders and Mutant Zero; I don't care! What is interesting is the team itself. I said before that I believe the team is too big, but Dan Slott seems to be trying to spilt the members into teams. That will work. I mean you can't sent nineteen characters on one mission right? Good idea, whether it will work long-term...I will be here to see.

Silver Surfer: Requiem #4- Before this mini-series has ended, Marvel has said that another mini starring Silver Surfer will be released next month. Naturally, I expected the bald one to live past this issue. HE DIDN'T! The Silver Surfer is dead! Really! Even Galactus couldn't save him. WOW! I haven't been this surprise by a character's death in years. (I expected Cap's death) WOW! J. Michael Straczynski, I take back everything I have said about you, this is impressive. The series was beautiful front-to-back. WOW!

No comments: