Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The latest drug: Espresso Coffee

The War on Drugs has a new target, Espresso Coffee. Why do I say that? Because a teenager in the U.K was taken to hospital after overdosing on espresso coffee. No, this is NOT a joke.

Jasmine Willis, 17, developed a fever and began hyperventilating after drinking seven double espressos while working at her family's sandwich shop. Why the hell she needed SEVEN espressos is something only she can answer, but doctors confirmed she had overdosed on caffeine. The teenager, who was allowed home after a few hours of observation, suffered side effects for days afterwards and now says she cannot stand the sight of coffee.

This is serious. Quick, let's ban all Starbucks in the world. We must protect our children!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happens to me too. I can't take any of those brews, gives me a headache and palpitations! Only 3-in-1 coffee for me, thank you.