Monday, May 3, 2010

No Online Purchase

Over the weekend, I join in the 3 day free trial of The Lord of the Rings Online. The trial is a way for Turbine to welcome back gamers who used to be subscript to the game.

The game was as enjoyable as the first time I played it but I would not be subscripting back to it. The reason is simple; I don’t have the latest The Lord of the Rings Online expansion “Siege of Mirkwood”. I don’t have it because the expansion is only available for online purchase.

Now I understand why more and more companies are doing this; they cut cost as there is no shipping, packaging or storage cost but I’m not a fan of this latest trend. I’m just not willing to wait hours just to download a game. I mean I pay for the game, then have to wait hours to download it and finally have to spend more time to install it!

That just don’t make sense to me. So unless Turbine have the latest expansion on retail, count me out.

No comments: