Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lore Reading


As BioWare gear up to take Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) toward the realm of free-to-play (F2P), there is one thing I fully intend to do once the game goes F2P; read the lore!

The world of Star Wars is full of lore and within SWTOR, there is a huge codex full of interesting lore and history. I never read it. Yes, I know some of you grinding your teeth in frustration but there’s a good reason for my non-reading.

It was a subscription game!

While SWTOR was a subscription game, I was on a 60 days time limit. I’m one of those players who has a ton of alts (in SWTOR I have one for every class) and reading the lore just takes up too much time. Time better used to level up my alts! With the F2P transition, time is no longer an issue.

I’m not the greatest F2P fan out there, but on this I’m grateful. Without a time limit, I can take my time slowing reading the lore and I fully intend to do so. True to say, it's probably one of the first things I'll do once it goes F2P.  

No comments: