Tuesday, September 10, 2013

CMPB May Be Right

In Singapore, all male Singaporeans need to go through National Service (NS). Depending on how fit you are, physically and medically, you will go to the army, police, or civil defense forces for at least 2 years.

This means that in Singapore, being unfit is not a bad thing for some people. After all, the more unfit you are, the easier your posting in NS will be. So naturally for some young men, being considered unfit is a good thing as it means an easier time during NS.

That’s why I was not surprised when I read that a young boy by the name of Sky Lim was very happy to be “PES E”. It means he is considered unfit and would probably be given some admin posting like being a clerk. Mr. Sky Lim also say he will be able continue running his business as he would be able to book out of camp everyday due to his posting.

This has many Singaporeans up in arms because the young man bragged about his PES status on Facebook!

Now I don’t know if he really has some medical condition that gave him his PES E status or how he knows he will be able to book out of camp everyday, but Mr. Lim is one stupid, stupid boy. It’s one thing to be happy about a low PES status (that’s understandable), but it’s another thing to brag about it on Facebook!

I mean I was PES C9 during my NS time. I was very surprised because I didn’t think my poor eyesight was that much of a problem but hey, I wasn’t going to argue with them about it. However, as socially awkward as I am, I know not to brag about my PES status even to my friends. Mr. Sky Lim not only did that, he did it with the whole of Singapore. 

I personally don’t think Singaporeans should be that upset about it because Mr. Sky Lim is hardly alone about his pleasure about being considered “unfit”. Also Singaporeans need to think of the fact that the CMPB may have made the right decision here. After all, does anyone really think someone as idiotic as Mr. Lim should not allowed anywhere near a rifle?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am PES 1, and I am also assigned as a clerk...34 years old..

Dont know whether cmpb knows what they are doing...and as they are the highly paid expert, I asked for assignment to a combat unit...and they refuses...

I am a nobody child..not related to another by the way.

Anonymous said...

Correction:

Well, I am PES 1, and I am also assigned as a clerk..34 YEARS AGO.

Dont know whether cmpb knows what they are doing...and as they are the highly paid expert, I asked for assignment to a combat unit...and they refuses...

I am a nobody child..not related to another by the way.

Ghost said...

Who knows why Sky Lim was given his PES status? Unless someone can come up with his medical records, everything is just speculation. The CMPB might have a good reason for it, and frankly...anyone who brags about his PES E status on Facebook is an idiot. I don't think Singapore is losing much by letting the boy be a clerk.

Anonymous said...

One PAP member in SMugan camp when young acted stupid by telling MO he loves guns and liked shooting with them. He acted stupid or craze, Mindef decided he is too risky to be given guns and was waive from serving NS or so we were told. Till today he was proud sharing his story how he conned Mindef . Today he is a proud PAP member. Such character & their association bring down prestige of PAP camp. Can you imagine Chinese Temple medium also PAP member. Will you vote alongside a temple medium?

Ghost said...

Why can't a medium be a PAP member? Are we some elite country that people of certain education level and occuaption are NOT allowed to be in politics? Whoever you are, your comment says a lot more about you than it does about the PAP.