Friday, September 27, 2013

The Useless Framwork


What is an E pass holder? I found myself asking that question when reading the latest “initiative” from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). The MOM had announced the “Fair Consideration Framework”.

This framework basically “asked” employers to consider Singaporeans fairly before hiring Employment Pass (EP) holders”. At first I was wondering to myself why the MOM only decided to use this framework only for Singaporeans competing for jobs within the monthly salary range of $3,050 to $12,000. 

To me, it seems stupid because most Singaporeans earn less than $3,050 a month. Some put the figure of Singaporeans earning less than $3,050 at around 70% even. However as I read on about this new MOM framework, I decided that I shouldn't have bothered. 

I shouldn't have bothered because...no one will. This new "Fair Consideration Framework" is really a “framework”. It is not a “law” so there will be no penalties if an employers flout or ignore the rules. Wait, there's not even rules; it's just a “framework” so even if they want to, the MOM can't enforce anything. There are no rules to enforce!

No rules, no penalties, no enforcement. Yup; I just wasted my time reading up on it. The “Fair Consideration Framework” is for all intent and purpose useless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the PAP / WP MPs are just as happy...

So why bother to vote these two parties MPs.

Ghost said...

Because one do not want to rock the boat, while the other do not want to rock the boat too much. And that's the way most Singaporeans like it.
Before anyone argue that point, please remember these 2 parties got about 80% of the votes in the last GE.

Anonymous said...

Right, and even the foreigners in my office are just laughing all the way.....