Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Comics this week

Copperhead #5- The first arc is done with this issue and it was surprising, funny and (strangely for a space Western) pretty realistic. Duepty Boo proves his worth by showing almost without doubt that although Sheriff Clara is the better soldier, he's the better detective and the crew wraps up the Sewell case with very little gun-play and a lot of police work. Who would have thought that a space Western would care about stuff like jurisdiction and social hierarchy? I'm not sire I am going to contiune with the series but look like Jay Faerber got a winner here.


Jupiter's Legacy #5- I will admit this; it's been so long since the last issue that I totally forgotten to pick this issue last week. In all fairness to me, it has almost a year since #4 so you must forgive me for this lapse. Writer Mark Millar and artist Frank Quitely put together another excellent chapter of Jupiter's Legacy that finish the storyline beautifully. The end where Chloe, Hutch and Jason decided to finally take to the battlefield against the government was well-plotted and beautifully drawn. Too bad about the lateness; until Millar can get the book on the shelf on time, this is it for me.

No comments: