Thursday, August 11, 2016

Comics this week

Birthright #18- I had said before that Birthright is an ambitious project. I had also said before that at times, writer Joshua Williamson took on too much. This issue unfortunately was one of those issues. It's the Rhodes family versus the world and while there’s nothing wrong with the plot, there was too much going on. The story went on 3 threads which meant that there was no space to do each of them justice. I for one would love to see more of the action between the 2 mages. Too bad!

Superwoman #1 – Written and drawn by Phil Jimenez, it is clear to me this is a passion project for Jimenez. From start to finish, this issue has a story that will draw you in even if you, like me, do not read the Superman series. Between good banter among the main characters, plenty of action, a few genuine surprises and some wink, wink to the past history of Lois Lane and Lana Lane; this issue is everything a debut issue should be. Buy it! 

No comments: