Sunday, November 21, 2010

Comics this week

Brightest Day #14- Maybe it’s just me but I can’t understand why writers Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi let Deadman get the white ring. He’s not a truly likable character and worse, he’s not even an enjoyable one. So it’s not really a smart move to let Deadman carry this whole issue. A lot of interesting developments happen here but none of which is truly enjoyable, if only they had a better lead.

X-23 #- That was faster than I thought. I always believe that writer Marjorie Liu had to move X-23 out of Utopia if only to get her out of the X-Men’s shadow but I surprised she’s gone after just 3 issues. Luckily, the “Wolverine in Hell” tie-in looks over and Liu look like she has plans for X-23. She did more than enough to get me back for the next issue.

Artifacts #3- Set-up for the coming battle between the bearers of the 13 artifacts, not much really happened except for the fact Nottingham got the Blood Sword (too easily for my liking). This was a strange issue. Battle lines were drawn, all the bearers of the artifacts were introduced but there was neither suspense nor build-up to the coming battle. No reason was given why Aphorodite IV was recruiting the bearers or even why some of them agreed to fight for her mysterious master. Basically, there’s no reason why we should care.

No comments: