Saturday, May 21, 2011

Laughing & Crying

Now I know in some countries, the rules for driving cars are pretty lax but this is one case which I felt I had to comment on. In Venezuela, police had suspended the driving license of 41 year old Ramon Parra for 1 year. Nothing special so far except for the offence he committed.

Mr. Parra had his license suspended because police caught him driving in a passenger bus that was (1) speeding, (2) overloaded and (3) missing one of its rear wheels! Wow! In Venezuela, you drive a bus missing one wheel and you just get your license suspended? In Singapore, we would throw the license into the drain already. You can forget about ever getting it back!

Yet from what I read, in Venezuela this (1 year suspension) is considered a “harsh” punishment! Wow. I don’t know if I should laugh or cry at that.

No comments: