Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Good Decision

Let me put it out front first; I think the idea behind putting all adult websites on the internet under the ".xxx" suffix to be one of the stupidest ideas I’ve ever heard of. So it’s no surprise to anyone that I’m glad that the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) says they have no plans to block Singaporeans from accessing future ".xxx" adult websites.

I’m glad because it’s not going to work. Seriously, how is anyone going to regulate this rule? Currently, there are tens of thousands of websites on the internet showing adult content. Put up by thousands of companies all over the world. How in the world is anyone going to make them (all) go under the “.xxx” suffix? It’s just not possible. Doubtlessly there will be thousands of websites who will continue to work under the current system.

So even if there is any government agency who block their people from accessing ".xxx" websites, it still would not stop them from looking at adult websites. That’s why I’m glad the MDA say they have no plans to block these sites. Even if they try, it will be nothing but a waste of time and money.

No comments: