Monday, December 2, 2013

No Review Of Catching Fire


Last week, I went and saw Catching Fire in the cinema. After the show, I was asked when would I write the review of the movie. I replied that I wouldn’t because I didn’t like the show. I was then asked why not.

As some of you may have noticed, every month I would write a review of a book, movie or game. What some of you might not have noticed is that I only write reviews of book, movie and games I liked (or at least I do not dislike).

The reason for this is very simple; I can’t be bothered to write a review about something I don’t like. In my view, if you like something, it makes sense to write a review of it to recommend it to others. If you don’t…well, forget it because maybe others would.

Take Catching Fire for example. It has been top of the box office for 2 weeks now so there’re a lot of people who like it. I don’t understand why as I found the movie to be painfully slow and filled with gaping plot-holes but that’s my view. A lot of people with their wallets do not agree with me.

To these people, I say good for you. I don’t understand why but to each his own. Just don’t expect me to bother arguing about the book, movie or game with you because I can't be bothered to. I don't like the movie.

No comments: