Monday, May 4, 2015

Comics this week

Convergence #4- As a celebration of DC’s past, Convergence needs a lot of work. However as a way to move forward from DC’s past, I think the series has a lot going for it. Writer Jeff King has done the smart thing by focusing on the core cast of Earth 2 heroes and Telos. I admit it would be nice to see more of Skartaris and Warlord, but King seem to have a plan and there’s more than enough action to tide us over till the reveal.

Justice League #40- This issue is the prologue of the “Darkseid War” and writer Geoff Johns has been hyping about the event for awhile now. The idea of a war between Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor is intriguing to say the least. I mean there's no much thing as a lesser evil between these 2 right? I hope Johns will keep it that way. I think the last thing we need is a "reason" for these 2 evil bastards to be out there in the multiverse conquering, destroying and killing. They are evil; no reason or excuses needed. That's far more fun right? It's clear the Darkseid War will be earth-shattering; I just hope it will be a fun and exciting trip too.

No comments: