Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What's the big deal?

People who read my blog knows that I am a man who openly admit there's a lot of things in the world that I just don't understand.

Here's one more for the list. I don't understand why there is such a fuss in Malaysia when former Malaysian premier Mahathir Mohamad resigned the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO). For months, Mahathir has been sniping at current Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. He has even been openly urging follow UMNO members to unseat Abdullah since the last elections.

So my questions is why isn't UMNO celebrating? Let him resign. If I am Abdullah, I will jumping for joy the guy is gone. With friends like Mahathir at your back, who needs Anwar and the opposition? Of course one of Mahathir's sons, Mukhriz, is still in UMNO. So it's not prefect for Abdullah but guess what?

Mahathir is gone from UMNO. If I am Abdullah, I will order a victory celebration.

No comments: