Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What's Next?

I know weddings are a big deal to a lot of people. I don’t really understand why but I understand that I am abnormal in this area, so I can understand most people would want their weddings to be exceptional.

Maybe it’s the information age but I am reading more about these exceptional weddings. Recently there was a big deal in the U.S about a couple who dance the aisle (in church) to the music of Chris Brown. I’m not too sure about the choice of music for the occasion but look it up on Youtube because it was very funny. Now I read that a bride in China has the Guinness World Records because she wore a wedding gown with a 2km long train. Not only that but the train had 9,999 silk red roses attached to it.

Now the funny thing is that it was the groom who came up with the idea (in a reversal of such cases) and his family initially opposite the idea as a waste of money (which is kind of novel because most of the time Chinese families want the wedding to be the bigger, the better). Dancing down the aisle and a 2km long train; what will people come up with next?

No comments: