Monday, April 9, 2012

One Piece Insurance

I know manga is big business in Japan. I know One Piece is the biggest manga series currently out there in Japan. But it’s not till I heard that an insurance company is using a character from One Piece to sell insurance that I truly knows how big manga and One Piece is in Japan.

That's right. In Japan, Nippon Life Insurance Company is airing a 30-second television commercial that features Luffy, the lead character from One Piece. Now why would an insurance company want to feature a character like Luffy (who is so crazy even his friends think he is insane) in a commercial is a good question but you cannot argue with the fact that manga and One Piece is big in Japan after hearing this news.

I mean I have never heard of Superman or Batman selling insurance, did you?

No comments: