Friday, August 22, 2008

Comics this week

Stormwatch #13- After the disaster of the last re-launch, you can understand why I have very low expectations for the latest re-launch of WildStorm. Amazingly, Wildcats, Authority, Gen13 and Stormwatch all came out on time. Will wonders never ceased! Stormwatch (like the rest of the re-launch titles) pick up things right after the excellent 'Number of the Beast' mini-series. The world was destroyed at the end of 'Number of the Beast', and Stormwatch is on the job to pick up the pieces. The title is no longer on the human division but more on the prime team on Skywatch, which I thought was a good move. I also like how Jackson King has returned to splitting up Stormwatch into different teams. Maybe we can have another Authority coming out of this title. A good issue that re-introduced readers to the post-Earth Wildstorm.

Guardians of the Galaxy #4- I think I have left no doubt about what I feel about 'Secret Invasion'. In case you don't know, IT SUCKS! So when I saw this is a Secret Invasion tie-in, I can only shake my head in disappointment. Surprisingly this tie-in works. The reason mainly being that outside a sabotage, no Skrulls turned out. That's great! The issue isn't really about Skrulls but more about the issue of trust. Basically, the team don't have any. The members don't even know each other all that well and this issue played that up beautifully. Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning have crafted another beautiful issue here.

No comments: