Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Golf in the Olympics?

The Olympics is almost over. As I read on the internet about the Games, I noticed that there are seven sports vying for a spot at the 2016 Olympics.

The seven are golf, rugby, baseball, softball, roller sports, squash and karate. Looking at all 7, I have to ask a simple question, “Why is golf up there?” It’s a big money sport that draws crowds but in what way is it higher, faster, and stronger?

Look at the other sports. Players hit each other with hard tackles in rugby; they hit each other with their fist in karate; you can run kilometers in a game of squash; and what do golfers do? They walk and hit a ball!

I don’t care if this means Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and Sergio Garcia will probably never go to the Olympics, but golf have no place in the Olympics! I mean come on, they don’t even carry their bags. Their caddies probably deserve the medals more than them.

If golf can go to the Olympics, why not chess, or car-racing, or I know video-gaming! That way maybe even I can go to the Olympics

No comments: