Monday, March 8, 2010

Mindless Oscar Rant

The Academy Awards ceremony is over and the big winner is Iraq War drama "The Hurt Locker" which won awards, including best picture and best director for Kathryn Bigelow.

The other winners were: Jeff Bridges as best actor for "Crazy Heart"; Sandra Bullock as best actress for "The Blind Side"; Christoph Waltz as supporting actor for "Inglourious Basterds"; and Mo'Nique as supporting actress for "Precious".

Now the big news to the rest of the world may be how Bigelow beat ex-husband James Cameron to become the first woman in the 82-year history of the Oscars to win the award for best director, but to me the big news is…between all the movies that have big wins ("The Hurt Locker", "Crazy Heart", "The Blind Side", "Inglourious Basterds", and "Precious"), I have not seen a single one of these movies!

The Horror! How can I be so out-of-date that I miss ALL the movies that won the big prizes at Oscar Bight? Hell, I even missed Pixar’s "Up", which won the feature-animation Oscar. I’ll never live this down, I can’t even remember the last this happen.

Oh, I’m horrible! Almost make me want Avatar to win best picture…almost.

No comments: