The Chinese Government has just issued a new ruling that ban the trading of virtual currency for real goods and services. In short ‘Gold Farming’ is now banned in China.
I have never understood ‘Gold Farming’ and I support this ruling. In fact, I wish other governments in the world will follow the Chinese Government. I just don’t understand why people will want to pay other people to play their character for them. This is especially so for MMOs such as World of Warcraft which require a paid subscription. If you are bored with a game or hate the grind, just do what I do; don’t play that game!
It is said that over 80% of gold farmers are based in China, so hopefully other governments in the world will follow the Chinese Government’s lead and wipe out the other 20% as well.