Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Why Is Breaking Bad Still Up For The Emmys?


The 2014 Emmy nominations were announced earlier this week and while I agree with most of the nominations, there is one thing which make no sense to me. The way it is decided which show qualified for the awards.

Now this is not a knock on the award or it's nominations. For example, I have no problem with Game of Thrones earning 19 Emmy Award nominations; I disagree but can understand why Tatiana Maslany did not managed to score a nomination for her great work in Orphan Black; but I can't understand why Breaking Bad still up for the Emmys?

Don’t get me wrong, it is a great show, but I remember quite clearly that when Anna Gunn won for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series” last year, it was announced that it was the last season of Breaking Bad. Now I admit I don’t quite get the how and why America like to “spilt” their show’s seasons nowadays but I do remember that when the Emmys were given out last year, Breaking Bad was already over.

So why is Breaking Bad still up for the Emmys again? Can someone in America help me understand this? 

No comments: